Recent studies have shown that the rate of people being diagnosed with dreadful illnesses is increasing. Such illnesses can take mental and financial burden on one's life which has created awareness among people regarding importance of insurance.NMB Sahara Bachat is here to secure you against uncertainties and relieve you of any unpleasant situation.
NMB Sahara Bachat Khata brings greater value for the customers by providing financial coverage upto NPR. 10 Lakhs against 18 dreadful/ critical Illnesses, Accidental death & Permanent Total Disability. This product is the first of its kind in Nepal where customers irrespective of any age can subscribe without having to submit medical report and unlike insurance, customer do not have to pay premium amount to open the account.
- First-time diagnosis of critical illness: Cancer, End-Stage Renal Failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Benign Brain Tumor, Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Undergoing first-time surgical procedures for Major Organ/Bone Marrow Transplant, Heart Valve Replacement or Repair, Coronary Artery Bypass Graft, Surgery of Aorta.
- First time occurrence of medical events: Stroke resulting in Permanent Symptom, Paralysis, Myocardial Infarction or Heart Attack, Coma of Specified Severity, Major Burns (at least 50% of Body-Surface Area), Total and Irreversible Loss of Hearing in Both Ears, Total & Irreversible Loss of Speech.
Minimum Balance & Interest rate (Click here)
Interest Calculation on Daily Balance & payable quarterly.
Special Feature: 4-times of weighted annual average deposit or NPR. 10 Lakhs (whichever is lower) in the event of Accidental Death, Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) resulting from accident caused by violent & visible means, or for 18 Critical Illnesses as mentioned below:
A. First Diagnosis of below mentioned Illnesses;
- End Stage Renal Failure requiring regular Dialysis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Benign Brain Tumor
- Parkinson's Disease
- End Stage Liver Disease
- Alzheimer's Disease
B. Undergoing for the first time of following surgical procedures:
- Major Organ / Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Heart Valve Replacement or Repair
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Surgery of Aorta
C. Occurrence for the first time of following medical events more specifically described below:
- Stroke resulting in Permanent Symptoms
- Permanent Paralysis of Limb
- Myocardial Infarction or First Heart Attack
- Coma of Specified Severity
- Major Burns [At least 50% of body surface area])
- Total and Irreversible loss of hearing in both ears
- Total and Irreversible loss of speech
Click here for more infomation
ATM Visa Card – Facility of NMB Delight Card* and NMB Regular Card
NPR. 150 charged in Indian ATM transaction.
Mobile Banking & Internet Banking
*Free cash withdrawal charge from NMB Delight Card through any bank’s ATMs within Nepal.
- Completely filled Personal Account Opening Form
- Copy of Citizenship Certificate
- One passport size photograph
- Insurance Proposal & Letter of Understanding.Click here to download.
- 4-times of weighted annual average deposit or NPR. 1Mio (whichever is lower) in the event of Accidental Death, Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) resulting from accident caused by violent & visible means, or for 18 Critical Illnesses as mentioned below.
- Minimum Balance : NPR 1,000
- Interest Rates : 7%
- Option of Visa Delight* Card or Regular Card
*Free cash withdrawal charge from any ATMs inside Nepal with Visa Delight Card
Each customer is insured up to 4-times of weighted annual average deposit in his/her account or NPR. 1 Million (Whichever is lower) in the event of Accidental Death, Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) resulting from accident caused by violent & visible means, or for aforementioned 18 Critical Illnesses
No. Individuals from all age groups are eligible to open this account.
No. Only single person can open this account.
Customer should declare regarding any pre-existing critical illness in the insurance proposal form. Apart from the declared illness or pre-existing illness, customers are insured for other critical illnesses.
- Completely filled Account Opening Form (AOF).
- Insurance proposal form & Letter of Understanding
Customer or nominee of account informs to bank (in nearest branch) through a written application to intimate about the incident (accidental death/ permanent total disability resulting from accidents/ any one of 18 critical illnesses within 60 days of the incident.
Bank shall inform to customer to provide the documents to establish the incident covered by insurance policy with duly filled claim application form (provided by Bank). Upon receiving complete documents, Insurance Company shall settle the claim within 7 days of receiving the same. The claim amount shall be credited to customer’s account by Bank.
Waiting period is the period of time specified which must pass before aforementioned critical illnesses coverage can begin. Hence, this is the period during which claim is not admitted. There will be waiting period of 30 days in case of Critical Illness for claiming insurance. This is not applicable in the event of death, and Permanent Total Disablement.
Shikhar Insurance Company upon receipt of all required documents shall verify and proceed for claim settlement within 7-10 working days.
No. This is available only for Sahara Bachat Khata customers
Claim against critical illness, accidental death and permanent total disability shall be paid only one time during the insured life.
In case of death of insured accountholder, the insured amount shall be paid to insured's nearest beneficiary as per the government rules.
- Interest Rate & Minimum Balance: Click here
- ADC Charges : As per STC