The following statements and terms are issued by NMB Bank Limited the owner of this web site.
NMB Bank's Privacy Principles
Our business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
We only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business.
- We use your personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
- We may pass your personal information to other as permitted by law.
- We will not disclose your personal information to any external organisation unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
- All our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at NMB Bank will ensure that we respect the inbuilt trust that you place in us.
Kinds of Personal Information we collect and can hold
We may collect the following Personal Information about you:
- Residency status;
- Landline and mobile telephone numbers;
- E-mail address;
- Personal website details;
- Tax File Number;
- The name and contact details of individuals listed as referees within credit applications provided to us;
- The name and contact details of your professional advisers or representatives such as your solicitor, accountant, etc.
- Financial information;
- Transaction information where you have a product with us or use a service provided by us; and
- Any details contained within identity documents provided to us (such as the maiden name of your mother in your birth certificate, government identifiers such as a passport number, drivers licence number, Insurance policy number, etc.)
- Information about your credit worthiness, credit history, credit eligibility, repayment history information and default information.
Your Privacy Matters to Us
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal information you might wish to provide us when you visit this site. We may give you choices regarding the sharing of personal information with affiliates and third parties. Choices you have about the sharing of your personal information will be described in the privacy policies or notices you receive in connection with the financial products or services which you obtain from
Data Security Principles
- Security is our top priority. NMB Bank will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
- The secure area of our website supports the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol - an industry standard for encryption over the Internet to protect data.
- When you provide sensitive information such as credit/debit card details, it will be encrypted before being dispatched over the Internet or stored.
- Our web servers are protected behind "firewalls" and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorized access. We will not send personal information to you by ordinary email. As the security of ordinary email cannot be guaranteed, you should only send email to us using the secure email facility on our website.
- All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that NMB Bank will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
We and our service providers may collect information about your usage of the Online Services and other Internet activities using tracking technologies, including:
- Flash Cookies– Similar to browser cookies, local shared objects, or “flash cookies,” are also used to recognize your device and store user preferences for when you return to our website. Flash cookies can be shared across browsers on the same device.
- Pixel Tags– Pixel tags, also called web Beacons or clear GIF’s, and similar technologies are typically small blocks of code embedded in images shown in the Online Services or certain e-mails we send you. They may involve the transmission of information directly to us or to third parties on our behalf. We may use these technologies to bring together information we collect about you.
- Location Tracking on Mobile Devices– Certain applications on mobile devices may transmit information to us about your location when you request information from them.
- Help us maintain security and verify your information when using the Online Services as you navigate from page to page. This enables you to avoid having to re-enter your information each time you enter a new page.
- Help us recognize you as a unique user when you return to use the Online Services so that you do not have to re-enter your information multiple times as you move between our pages or services.
- Remember your preference settings when using the Online Services.
- Optimize your usage of the Online Services, for example, by recognizing if your browser supports specific technology features.
- Otherwise enhance and personalize you experience when using the Online Services.
- Enable us, and third parties with whom we do business, to tailor advertising and promotional activities to products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Collect and compile aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how the Online Services are used. This helps us enhance the Online Services, enhance other products and services and develop new ones, and develop marketing and promotion strategies.
Our Information Collection Statement
This Statement is made by NMB Bank Limited and intended to notify you why personal data is collected, how it will be used and to whom data access requests are to be addressed.
- Why we collect your data - we collect your personal information to carry out and administer our services to you and in an effort to improve your customer experience. Without such data NMB Bank may be unable to open or continue accounts or establish or continue banking facilities or provide banking services.
- Data is also collected from customers in the ordinary course of business to continue the banking relationship, for example, when customers write cheques or deposit money.
- How your data may be used-Data relating to a customer may be used to:
- Facilitate the daily operation of the services and credit facilities provided to customers
- Conduct credit checks
- Assist other financial institutions in conducting credit checks and collect debts
- Ensure ongoing credit worthiness of customers
- Design financial services or related products for customers' use
- Market financial services or related products
- Determine the amount of indebtedness owed to or by customers
- Collect amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers' obligations
- Meet the disclosure requirements of any law binding on NMB Bank or any of its branches
- Enable an actual or proposed assignee of NMB Bank, or participant or sub-participant of NMB Bank's rights in respect of the customer to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation; and
- To fulfill any other purposes relating thereto.
Disclosure of your personal information-Information held by the Bank relating to a customer will be kept confidential but NMB Bank may provide such information to the following parties):
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing or other services to NMB Bank in connection with the operation of its business
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to NMB Bank including a group company of NMB Bank which has undertaken to keep such information confidential
- The drawee bank providing a copy of a paid cheque (which may contain information about the payee) to the drawer
- Credit reference agencies, and, in the event of default, to debt collection agencies
- Any person to whom NMB Bank is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on NMB Bank or any of its branches; and
- Any actual or proposed assignee of NMB Bank or participant or sub-participant or transferee of NMB BANK's rights in respect of the customer.
Data access requests-Any individual has the right:
- To check whether NMB Bank holds data about them and of access to such data
- To require NMB Bank to correct any data relating to them which is inaccurate
- To ascertain NMB Bank's policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by NMB Bank; and
- In relation to consumer credit, to request to be informed which items of data are routinely disclosed to credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies, and be provided with further information to enable the making of an access and correction request to the relevant credit reference agency or debt collection agency.
NMB BANK reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
If you have concerns about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you should contact our Customer Relations team. At NMB Bank Limited we are committed to the delivery of excellence through the highest customer service standards. Whether you are providing feedback, paying a compliment or making a complaint, your input is the key to inspiring our products and services. You can lodge a complaint or provide feedback above we have handled your personal information
The Compliance Officer
NMB BANK Limited
NMB Bhawan, Babarmahal, Kathmandu
GPO. Box: 11543