NMB Bank VISA DEBIT CARD: NMB Bank VISA Debit Card enables wider access to more than 400,000 ATMs and 2.5…View Details
An NMB Bank Debit Card makes your payments much more convenient and secure through an electronic payment facility directly from your Savings or Current Account with NMB Bank. You can use this card as a ATM Card as well to withdraw cash from your accounts and swipe at POS terminals and payment online.
2. What are the different charges applied for NMB Debit Card?
- Card Issuance Fee (Primary/Supplementary): NPR 500
- Card Blocking Fee: NPR 150
- Card Replacement Charges: NPR 500 (For Lost and Damaged Cards)
- PIN Reissuance Charges: NPR 150
An ATM card is used primarily for cash withdrawal at ATMs. However, a debit card can also be used to make purchases online or at retail outlets by directly debiting your Bank account.
4. How can I apply for an NMB Bank Debit Card?
In-order apply for you debit card you need to visit any of the NMB Bank branch or outlets and fill up a form for ATM debit card and the rest of the processing is done by the bank.
5. I have received an NMB Bank Debit Card? Is it ready to use?
No. Your NMB Bank Debit Card is in inactive state when you receive it. You can start using your debit after 4:00 PM of the day you received as the cards are activated after the delivering branch sends the list to the card center at 4:00 PM, we do not allow customers to call the card center for card activation as part of the security procedure. You can use your Debit card by first changing the PIN you received by visiting the NMB Bank ATM.
6. I had ordered a new debit card through Branch, there was no PIN that was sent with the card? How do I start using my debit card?
For Debit card the PIN are sent the next day of the cards delivered to you. So you need to visit the bank branch from where you received the Card to collect the PIN, Unless you change your PIN you are not allowed to do any transactions from NMB Debit Card.
7. What all information is written on my NMB Bank Debit Card?
The following information is available on the front of your NMB Bank Debit Card:
- 16 digit debit card number
- Debit card valid from date
- Debit card expiry date
- Debit cardholder name (Only for personalised cards)
- The following information is available at the back side of your NMB Bank Debit Card:
- 3 digit CVV number
- Signature panel
8. What is a CVV number?
The CVV number is a code entered on the back of the card. There are 3 digits entered near the signature panel at the back. This value is required as a form of authentication for online transactions.
9. How do I activate the debit card for usage online or at retail outlets?
All you need to do for activating your debit card for usage online or at retail outlets, is to do at least 1 cash withdrawal or balance enquiry transaction at an NMB Bank ATM. It is also mandatory that you change your ATM PIN during your first transaction at an NMB Bank ATM.
10. Is there any other way of changing the debit card PIN?
No. As of now you have to visit the NMB Bank ATM to change your PIN.
11. If I request for a duplicate PIN, when will it be delivered to my address?
The duplicate PIN will be generated and sent to the concerned Branch of NMB Bank Limited where you submitted your application for Re-PIN generation within 7 working days.
12. How to use a debit card for retail transactions?
Step1: The merchant swipes or dips your card at a Point of Sale (POS) terminal
Step2: He enters the transaction amount on the POS terminal
Step3: The POS machine will prompt for the debit card ATM PIN to be entered by you, Please do not disclose your Debit Card/ATM PIN to the merchant.
Step4: Once you enter the correct PIN and sign the chargeslip, the transaction is confirmed and completed, and transaction amount will get deducted from your Bank account
Step5: Ensure that the debit card is returned to you
13. Is there any fees for using my Debit Card for retail or online transactions?
No. There is zero fee for using your Debit Card at retail outlets or online websites. However, in certain merchant categories, a fee may be levied by the merchant on every purchase this is as per the desertion of the merchant to charge.
14. What are the Debit Card transaction fees for withdrawal at different Network?
- No transaction charges are levied while using the cards in NMB Bank ATMs.
- Withdrawal Transactions from SCT/HBL Associate Members Terminals: NPR 35 per Withdrawal (Free From NMB ATMs)
- Balance Inquiry from SCT/HBL Associate Members Terminals: NPR 10 (Free from NMB ATMs)
- Withdrawal Charges for Transactions in Visa Terminals: NPR 150 per Withdrawal (Free From NMB ATMs)
- Balance Inquiry from Visa Terminals: NPR 50 for (Free from NMB ATMs)
- Charges for INR Withdrawal from India: NPR 250 for Withdrawal and NPR 50 for Balance Inquiry
Yes. You will receive SMS alerts for all debit card transactions to your registered mobile number with the Bank. If you have not registered, you can call NMB Bank customer care and update it.
16. Can my Debit Card be used for transactions outside Nepal?
At present NMB Debit card with NPR saving and current account are valid for use in India and Bhutan. Other than these two countries you are forbidden to use your card as per NRB guidelines.
17. How can I find out when my debit card was issued to me?
Every NMB Debit card has a validity date of two year from the Valid THRU date mentioned on the front of the card in MM/YY format. The card is issued two years from this date.
18. What are the daily usage limits for my debit card for usage at ATMs and merchant outlets?
There is a daily limit on your debit card for ATM cash withdrawal as well as transactions at retail outlets and online merchants in Nepal, India and Bhutan. The details of daily limits are as below.
- Cash Withdrawal Limit in Nepal: NPR 16,000 per transaction & NPR 48,000 per day
- Cash Withdrawal Limit India: INR 15,000 per day & INR 100,000 per month
- POS Transaction Limit: Up to NPR 100,000 per day and 300,000 Monthly
- POS Transaction Limit per transaction (India): Up to INR 100,000 per day
- POS Transaction Limit per month transaction (India): Up to INR 100,000 per Month
No. As of now we do not allow for the changes in this limit as per NRB Guidelines for India, For Nepal these limits can be changed and will be applicable for all cards, we do not allow card level limits.
20. What is the procedure to replace a damaged Debit Card?
We request you to contact our customer care, where you can Hotlist your existing card immediately and simultaneously request for re-issuance of a new card. Or you can visit the nearest NMB Branch and fill-up a form and submit for replacement of the damaged card.
21. What is the procedure to follow if my Debit Card PIN is blocked?
If your PIN is blocked, you can unblock the card by submitting written application at your nearest branch. The pin will be unblocked once the Card Center receives the application through the branch.
22. Can I use my Debit Card to pay online?
No. We recommend not to use your Debit Card for payment of Online transactions as of now the card are not Verified by Visa certified, So there is a risk of fraud from such transactions. An most of the online merchants do not support online transaction for Nepalese Cards.
23. What should I do if my Debit Card is not working?
If your card is not working, we request you to contact our customer care or visit nearest branch. The NMB Bank officer will assist you to identify the problem with the debit card.
24. Will I be asked for my ATM PIN at every POS terminal, be it domestic or International?
For all transactions in Nepal you will not be asked for a PIN. However, outside Nepal, only if the POS terminal is enabled for PIN authentication, you will be asked for PIN. You will need to enter your debit card ATM PIN and complete the transaction.
25. What if I have forgotten my PIN or enter an incorrect PIN?
You will be given 3 attempts to enter the correct PIN, post which your transaction will get declined. If you have forgotten your PIN, please call the customer care and request for a duplicate ATM PIN for your card.
26. I did 3 unsuccessful PIN attempts at POS terminal and transaction was declined. I remember my PIN now, can I try using the debit card at the POS or an ATM machine or is it necessary for me to get a duplicate PIN?
If you remember the PIN you need to submit written application at your nearest branch in order to unblock your blocked pin. The pin will be unblocked once the Card Center receives the application through the branch.
27. What should I do if I have lost my NMB Bank Debit Card?
In case of loss of debit card, you can call our customer care to immediately block your Debit Card. Or you can call the card center numbers to block your card immediately. If you near the NMB Bank Branch you can visit the branch the NMB Branch officer will help you to block your card.
28. I came across a transaction on my account using a debit card which was not attempted by me? How do I report this transaction?
Any fraudulent or disputed transaction using the debit card on your account can be reported at our customer care or NMB Bank Branch. We will scrutinize this transaction and update you on the same. If the transaction I found it will be reversed to your account as per the below schedule.
- Transaction on NMB ATM : Next day of the receipt of the Application to card center
- Transaction on Other Bank ATM: Within 15 days maximum of the receipt of the application to card center
- Transaction in India and Visa terminals: Within 60 days of the receipt of the application to card center
NMB Call Center will call the individual customer for the confirmation for the continuation of debit card service before the expiry of your current debit card. Once the confirmation is received from the Call Center, Card Center will process for your new debit card. Please do not raise a fresh request for a debit card. If you do not receive a new debit card within 15days of expiration of your current debit card, please call our customer care or branch to register a complaint.
30. My current debit card is damaged? How do I replace it?
You can visit the nearest NMB Bank branch or call NMB Bank customer care and request for a new debit card. The new debit card will be sent to your Account Holding Branch or your choice of Delivery within 7 days from the date of request.